10 September 2019

Day 4


DO NOW: List the things you carry. The things in your bag. Literal, figurative. The things that are important to you. Be specific. A phone is not specific, but a subscription to Apple Music is.  “Jewelry” isn’t, but the dog tags your great grandfather left to you is. Or…?

Today's Learning Target:

I will be able to contribute to a student-led discussion that challenges my understanding of O'Brien's fiction or storytelling in general.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can explain one different perspective I gained about either the story.
-I can describe one way that my peers helped me better understand the story.


Agenda:
  1. In2Out Protocol
  2. Reflection
  3. Work time (Capstone brainstorm and/or TTTC questions)
  4. Exit ticket: The Things They Carried is an amazing text for raising questions about and exploring the topics of truth, memory, storytelling, war, morality, masculinity, courage, etc. What is a possible topic of interest you would like to explore on your own? (n.b., your topic may have little or nothing to do with those listed above!) Write your name on the note card and jot down at least one topic you're interested in pursuing.

HW: Answer the questions about "Spin" and "How to Tell a True War Story." Also, continue brainstorming for the upcoming conference.


Coming up...

-Capstone conferences
-TTTC quiz

No comments:

Post a Comment