17 January 2020

Day 2 HAMLET

Do Now: After viewing Act I, scene i, consider the type of story that Shakespeare sets out to tell. As in Romeo and Juliet and Macbeth, we don't meet the hero(es), but we do get a great hook and are left wondering about a number of issues. What is at least one thing we wonder about at the scene's end? 

Today's Learning Target:
I will be able to define soliloquy and explain how Hamlet's first soliloquy establishes his character.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can point to lines in Hamlet's soliloquy that establish his character.
-I can make inferences about these lines to begin constructing a profile of young Hamlet at the play's beginning.

Agenda: 
  1. Hamlet Act I, scenes i-ii
  2. Hamlet's first soliloquy
  3. Exit Ticket: In Act I, scenes i-ii we get a great hook and are left wondering about a number of issues. What is at least one thing we wonder about after the scenes end? 

Small Daily Task: Continue reading and gathering quotations from your long-form nonfiction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment