28 January 2020

Day 6 HAMLET

Do Now: "And thus do we of wisdom and of reach, / With windlasses and with assays of bias, / By indirections find directions out" (2.1.61-63) Polonius's line about the sneaky way Reynaldo should inquire after Laertes sets the tone for Act II. Can you think of other characters, current or historical figures, or people you know who use this method? Why might they opt for subterfuge over more direct questioning? 

Today's Learning Target:
I will be able to explain the important events of II.ii that make up the rising action of the play.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can summarize what happens in this lengthiest of scenes in four or five bullet points.
-I can cite two or three events that I predict will lead to the climax of the play.

Agenda: 
  1. II.ii
  2. Following the Action
  3. Exit Ticket: How is Hamlet like Holden Caulfield?

Small Daily Task: Add three more quotations to your journal. Bring your capstone materials to Wednesday's class.

No comments:

Post a Comment