04 November 2019

Day 1 NO EXIT (NE)


Do Now: Talk to your groups about whether or not you are familiar with terms such as existential, existential hero, or existentialism. Don't worry if you aren't! 

Today's Learning Target:
I will be able to define existentialism and describe key ideas in existentialist philosophy.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can explain how at least one key idea of existentialism relates to my life.
-I can apply ideas in existentialist philosophy to heroes from modern literature.

Agenda:
  1. Look up your assigned character and do some research about how he/she views the world. 1) Follow the link to the article on the slideshow. 2) Create a short profile of the character to share with the class.
  2. Condemned to be free: What's existentialism?
  3. An excerpt on existentialism
  4. Exit Ticket: What is one thing that makes sense about existentialism? What is one thing that confuses you?

Small Daily Task: Begin looking for more short fiction: short stories, poems, films, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment