18 November 2019

Day 5 NE

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."
Do Now: Existentialism in popular song (Childish Gambino's "No Exit," Pink Floyd's "Time," Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone," Joni Mitchell's "Black Crow," The Eagles' "Hotel California," The The's "This is the Day," The Beatles' "Nowhere Man," etc.)

Using one of the suggested songs (or one that you select), consider a connection it has to existentialism or No Exit


Today's Learning Target:
I will be able to describe what the concept of "bad faith" is and how it relates to existentialism.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can explain what "bad faith" is in my own words.
-I can point out an example of "bad faith" from real life or from literature.

Agenda:
  1. Bad Faith in No Exit 
  2. Finishing the play
  3. Silencing the inner critic during drafting!
  4. No Exit ticket: which character most clearly connects to the concept of bad faith? How so?

Small Daily Task: Continue working on your method to meaning essay (due 25 November). For tomorrow, please use your outline to help you draft at least one body paragraph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment