| A paper knife |
Do Now: Of the three main characters in No Exit, who needs the most "help" to get out of hell? Explain why you've chosen this character and what sort of help he/she needs to improve.
Today's Learning Target:
I will be able to explain how Sartre uses the symbols of the brass ornament, the paper-knife, and the lack of mirrors and constancy of lamplight to communicate existentialist principles.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can point to evidence in the play connects one of the symbols to an existentialist idea.
-I can make connections between the symbols and the characters.
Agenda:
- Post-reading group work continued
- Symbolism in No Exit
- No Exit ticket: What is an idea you will carry with you from No Exit?
Small Daily Task: Final draft of method to meaning essay due Monday.
For the final draft due Monday, any student who earns a B+ or above will see the grade on the rubric; any student who earns under a B+ will receive the rubric but no grade because:
-all students who receive below a B+ will need to do a rewrite (the rewrite for students receiving a B+ and above is optional)
and
-all students rewriting must write a revision paragraph to identify what was changed (and why/how it's an improvement)
No comments:
Post a Comment